Acne (Pimples) Treatment
Acne (pimples) is a common problem in teenagers and also in some adults.
It ranges from the formation of open or closed comedones (black or whiteheads respectively), pustules (red or yellow bump and nodules & cysts) (large, red or skin colored deep-seated bumps) with or without pain.
There are certain aggravating factors for acne(pimples):-
- High glycemic diet eg:- chocolates, more of cakes, sweet drinks, candies etc.
- Intake of more oily food, meat, nuts etc.
- Use of heavy cosmetics like occlusive bases, concealers or oily sunscreens.
- Use of hair oil & facials.
- Certain medicines like steroids, antidepressents, antiepleptics, antituberculer drugs.
- Stress is also an aggravating factor for acne Students can get a flare of their pimples during their exam time.
PREVENTION & CARE OF ACNE
- Regular cleansing of the face (2-3 times per day) preferably with an exfoliating face wash, which removes the dirt, oil and dead layer of the ski
- Avoid application of oil on hair.
- Avoid procedures like facials, scrubs or clean up as they can aggravate your acne.
- Avoid concealers and occlusive cosmetic on face.
- Treatment of dandruff on the scalp is also recommended as it increases the oiliness on the face and increases acne.
- Increased intake of water & fruits is recommended.
- Food with high-calorie content like chocolates should be avoided.
- One should not fiddle with acne as it might increase the chances of pigmentation & scarring.